Please excuse cross-posting–Greetings of the Season to HALS members!
I will retire in early 2015 so am providing a brief job description and how to apply if you are interested. Please send resumes ASAP, or any queries, to AWHONN Human Resources. I’ve worked with a terrific staff during my 5 ½ years here. AWHONN was named a 2013 Best Places to Work by Washingtonian magazine.
It was great to have the opportunity to “meet” and work with you all, whether virtually or in person. As a solo librarian, I’ve benefited from and appreciated your knowledge and dedication. I wish you a wonderful holiday and a terrific new year! Aleta Embrey, Manager, Library, Archives and Permissions
Manager, Library, Archives, and Permissions
The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), an innovative, dynamic professional nursing organization, seeks an experienced health sciences librarian to manage the association’s library, archives and permissions and to provide AWHONN staff, members, and the public with research services and resources that support AWHONN’s mission and goals. Strong knowledge and research skills in health sciences or related sector, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a Master of Library Science degree are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize best practices to proactively provide staff up-to-date information on AWHONN’s key initiatives and current projects.
• Maintain and provide access to the archives of the organization, including digitization.
• Oversee and manage the internal and external permissions and copyright processes for the organization.
• Manage and upkeep the day-to-day tasks of the library (i.e., journal subscriptions, book purchases, cataloging and budgeting).
• Master of Library Science degree; health sciences background desirable.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge in various aspects of library management.
• Proficiency in use of online information resources, computers and library software.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Network with peer organizations and special interest groups for collaboration and information exchange.
AWHONN is located in Washington, D.C. We offer an excellent benefits package with flexible work schedules, and competitive compensation. Please submit resume indicating SALARY REQUIREMENTS to: Human Resources Department, 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 740, Washington, DC 20036 or fax to (202) 728-1864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about AWHONN, please go to our website www.awhonn.org